"If you want to go quickly, go alone. If you want to go far, go together."
-- African proverb
Right From the Start team members set out to design an early childhood system. Over the last two years, the team has evolved into a network of individuals and organizations committed to lifting up and giving voice to our focus areas: Mind the opportunity gap; Support local community action; Early is good, earlier is better; and Pay attention to the whole child.
At the heart of this work are connections. From the neurological connections that occur in the early years to the social connections that form the fabric of our communities. From the cross-agency connections that support the development of the whole child to the connections across racial, ethnic and economic groups that enable people to be seen, heard, and included. By developing and strengthening these connections, we can get it Right From the Start!
We invite you to join our growing network:
- Share your thoughts, feelings, and insights in the Your Voice section.
- Connect with others in 53 Discovery communities who are working collaboratively to improve early childhood.
- Learn more in our Resource section.
- Contact us to learn about how you can support this work: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Check back soon, we are developing the Your Video section so you can upload and share your stories.